Raleigh, NC or Remote
Our main office is on Glenwood Ave. in downtown Raleigh, NC.
Dreamten is a passionate product design studio committed to creating digital products of extraordinary quality. We're growing and in search of talented Design Director to join our growing team.
As a design director, you'll be responsible for leading and managing projects, providing guidance, and design direction to a team of talented senior product designers. You'll work directly with customers to listen attentively to their needs, cast the vision for projects, and help keep projects on time and within budget. Our focus is product design, so you'll need to be comfortable translating stakeholder objectives, user research, and complex user journeys into actionable tasks. While this role involves some design work, you'll primarily be leading projects, managing and pushing them forward, and helping team members reach their full potential.
Why work at Dreamten?
- You'll work with amazing companies and clients—from funded startups to international enterprises.
- The agency world is arguably the best place to quickly level up your career and become indispensable to any organization.
- Your work will be both high impact and visibility. Our POCs are typically CEOs, Founders, and C-Level executives. They're incredibly knowledgeable & have authority to make big decisions.
- You'll work alongside some of the most talented designers, animators & illustrators in the industry.
- We place a high value on work-life balance. While you'll be busy during work hours, we rarely ask team members to work beyond 40 hours. We care deeply about the physical and mental health of our team members.
- We offer ultra flexible working schedules. As long as you're hitting deadlines, you have complete freedom to work where & when you want.
- You'll enjoy working in our beautiful downtown office at WeWork in downtown Raleigh, NC. We have always available craft coffee, sparkling water, kombucha, and snacks.
- Health & life insurance (US employees only)
- Retirement plans with company matching
- Above average pay for the industry
- 3 weeks paid vacation
- You have a love for people and understand principles of servant leadership.
- You have experience working directly with clients, designers, and developers to translate a product's vision to reality.
- You can juggle a variety of projects at once and are ok with a little bit of chaos.
- You love digging into complex business problems and find ways to make incremental improvements towards a long term vision.
- You have an eye for design and the ability to spot details others miss.
- You understand and are excited about the hustle of the agency world.
- You pay attention to detail and are passionate about your work.
- You are self directed and comfortable with complexity and ambiguity.
- You hold strong opinions lightly and can articulate them without an ego.
- You bring curiosity, empathy, and a sense of humor to everything you do.
- You can teach us a thing or two.
- Guide the design process throughout projects
- Be versed and comfortable in project management and agile methodologies
- Be able to clearly communicate rationale behind design decisions
- Help us craft and iterate our own internal design processes
- Lead client presentations and discussions of your team’s work
- Respectfully decline the status quo and push both clients and colleagues outside their comfort zones
- Help promote an inspiring environment for the team
- A solid understanding of business principles
- We're a small team, so while leading design is your primary job, you'll wear a variety of hats at times to help grow the business.
Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.